So here are some crappy pictures I took with the webcam on my computer. If you haven’t heard from my Twitter account, my REALLY wonderful and BEAUTIFUL digital SLR was DESTROYED by a renegade wave on the beach in Waikiki a few months ago.
Here it is on a shelf in my studio to give you an idea of the actual size of the dressform. I like to work on a smaller scale with complex patterns. It saves a lot of time and money.
The back changed completely when I started to drape the peplums. I also decided to lower it a little in the final version.
Another image of the dressform with nothing on it next to a larger dressform.
The final dress is much softer. This muslin was just made to figure out the shapes and draping of those peplums, and to see what I could do with the bodice. More pics to come!